This is a delicious dumpling recipe that I would strongly recommend to anyone. It is very simple to prepare and the combination of flavours is beautiful.
- 250g chicken mince or 250g chicken, diced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), bruised, finely chopped
- 2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated or 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 2-3 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 275g packet gow gee wrappers or fresh handmade pastry, rolled very fine
Place all ingredients (except the pastry) in a bowl and combine. Spoon teaspoons of filling into the gow gee wrappers or circular pieces of pastry. Brush edges with cold water. Fold over to enclose the filling. Pleat edges together to seal.
To cook, sit a few dumplings at a time on a sheet of baking paper in a frying pan. Steam the dumplings in the frying pan with 1tsp olive oil and half a cup of water, until cooked. Serve with sweet chilli sauce or soy sauce.