Citrus Flavours

Citrus Flavours
Photo by Scott Bauer

Search This Blog

Background of Blog

This blog has been designed to enlighten the world to sweet and savoury cusine. Personally, my favourite ingredient in cooking is citrus fruits, particually lemons, so I will try to inspire your inner chef to share the interesting flavour of lemons in the most indulgent cupcakes, muffins, cakes, slices, cookies and of course savoury dishes. My collection of recipes can be applied to any situation; formal or informal, in any case they are delicious and will interest your guests! Enjoy preparing and sharing the following recipes for what will be a memorable gathering with friends and family for any occassion.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Microwave Caramel Self Sauce Pudding

Recipe from Super Food Ideas
Photo by Yasmin

I'm sorry that I have not been able to post any of the recipes I have listed in the 'Soon to come' column. I have had this recipe and photos ready to post since Mother's Day; however, have not had the time to post it. My mother enjoyed her first of two desserts I prepared for her, the second, Lemon Meringue Pie, will be posted shortly. I have just been sooo busy with one million and one things to do, I'm sure you all know the feeling. If you are in that stressed and hectic situation, I recommend that you be naughty and eat some of this delicious comfort food. This self-sauce pudding takes less that 17 minutes to prepare and cook, and it is absolutely fabulous! It can be made with or without the nuts, I prefer without. This pudding is perfect for a truely naughty afternoon tea or dessert, especially in the now cooler months when you need that bit of warmth. I'm telling you now, this hits the spot. I also appologise for the unprofessional photograph of this pudding, I was craving food and comfort, so I just took one quick photo, which wasn't very neat.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 60g butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts (optional)
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • icing sugar and ice cream, to serve
Varitations: Replace pecans with chopped hazelnuts, almonds or macadamia nuts.

Method:
Grease a 6cm deep, 6 cup capacity, heatproof, microwave safe dish. Combine flour and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add butter, milk and egg. Whisk to combine. Stir in pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Smooth top. Combine boiling water and remaining sugar in a heatproof jug. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture over the back of a large metal spoon to evenly cover pudding batter.

Place dish on a microwave safe rack or upturned dinner plate. Cook, uncovered, on Medium (50%), for 9-10 minutes or until the pudding comes out clean. Carefully remove from microwave. Stand for 1 minute. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice cream.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic, bookmarked for next winter. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desserts are the ultimate temptation and my clothing is protesting. I will have to choose my calories carefully, but, this pudding is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious that too in less time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so good... thank you so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful, indulgent treat! Fast and fabulous! Blessings, Catherine
    p.s. Thank you for your visit to my blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pudding sounds yummy and I love how quick it is to make! I totally understand about getting busy with real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Tempting and decadent Pudding!! Makes me so hungry for dessert:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sitting in the middle of winter with a chesty cough and feeling blah. I wanted something quick and easy and searched and found this recipe.
    It was so easy and fast to make
    I am now feeling warm and cozy with some delicious comfort food.

    Chees

    Bev from Oz

    ReplyDelete