Citrus Flavours

Citrus Flavours
Photo by Scott Bauer

Search This Blog

Background of Blog

This blog has been designed to enlighten the world to sweet and savoury cusine. Personally, my favourite ingredient in cooking is citrus fruits, particually lemons, so I will try to inspire your inner chef to share the interesting flavour of lemons in the most indulgent cupcakes, muffins, cakes, slices, cookies and of course savoury dishes. My collection of recipes can be applied to any situation; formal or informal, in any case they are delicious and will interest your guests! Enjoy preparing and sharing the following recipes for what will be a memorable gathering with friends and family for any occassion.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Home Made Sushi

Recipe and Images by Yasmin

I LOVE SUSHI! It is delicious! I could survive on sushi if I had to I love it that much. This is my own version of sushi. The best thing about sushi is the filling options are endless! I usually slice carrot, cucumber, avocado and ham to fill the centre of the sushi roll, but this time my sister enlightened me to the idea of an omlette filling, which is equally as yummy! When making sushi it is best to have a sushi mat to make rolling the sushi easier.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Sushi rice
  • 1-2 packets of Nori Paper
  • Cooked Omlette
Method:
Cook Sushi rice via instructions on the packet. Allow to cool completely. Put Nori paper on sushi mat and place 3-4 tablespoons of cooked rice along the width of the nori paper, 3cm in from the top of the nori to allow room to roll. Place thin strips of omlette on top of the rice. Roll the sushi. Slightly wet the end of the nori paper to stick to the rest of the roll. Slice into sushi pieces. Continue this process until all of the sushi rice has been used. Serve with soy sauce.

3 comments:

  1. SUSHI!! Nom nom nom...
    I just changed my blog address to villain-girl.blogspot.com. So if there's any trouble in following, remove my blog from your Reading List and then add it back.
    Peace ^^
    Nivedha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for the comment :) Did I mention I love sushi? xD
    Peace ^^
    Nivedha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made sushi - but my ten year has just seen your post and made me promise we are going to make sushi SOON!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete