Use the recipe for making pasta/fettuccine previously to enable this dish to be created. In this post I will show you one way to serve your homemade pasta. This recipe is vegi-licious! No meat required.
- 600g small new potatoes, halved or quartered
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup shelled broad beans, peeled or 350-400g in pods
- 175g fine green beens, topped and tailed
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 300g fettuccine or tubular and hollow pasta shapes (homemade)
- sprigs of fresh basil to garnish
- 3-5 cloves garlic, coarsley chopped
- 2 tblsp pine nuts
- 100g fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parnesan
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 15 minutes or until they are tender but not soft. Add the broccoli, broad bean, green beans and zucchini, simmer together for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the homemade pasta in boiling water for 2-4 minutes or until al dente. If not using homemade pasta, cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
Make the pesto while the vegetbles and pasta are cooking. Using a food processor, add all ingredients except for the oil and whiz to paste. Gradually add the oil through the feed tube with the motor running.
Drain the pasta and vetgetables and toss both together. Top with the pesto, garnish with sprigs of basil, scattering them over the top. Serve immediately.